Welcome to seminar!
Taking care of business!
- Wednesday is a work day.
- ADD CITATIONS IN APA FORMAT!!!
- This includes pictures!
- Wednesday, November 16, you will have a work day. Please submit a group photo and your PowerPoint in BlackBoard.
- Upload the PowerPoint file AND a picture of the entire group together into your seminar BlackBoard by Wednesday, November 16, by 5 pm.
- Only one member has to upload this for the entire group. This is for a grade and for attendance.
- Your group will be provided with feedback and corrections to make. These corrections will need to be made and submitted in BlackBoard by Monday, November 21, at 3 pm.
- Only one group member has to upload this. It will count for a grade AND for attendance.
- Monday, November 28, we will have a practice run during seminar for FYS.
If you need an excuse for class on the day of FYS, let me know in advance, por favor!
- Please be in the UC Anchor Ballroom no less than 10 minutes before your time slot begins (the entire group!).
- As a group, you will utilize a laptop or tablet and PowerPoint to present at FYS.
- The group must provide their own laptop or tablet. Please make sure it is fully charged on the day of FYS.
- Dress business casual!
- No ripped jeans, short, or revealing clothing.
- Wear comfortable shoes!
- First-Year Symposium (your presentation and visits to other presentations) is worth 20% of your overall grade in seminar for the semester.
- At any time during the day, you will need to visit 3 other presentations. When you decide to complete this is up to you. Plan ahead as the day ends at 3 pm and all of your forms must be turned in by 3 pm.
- Forms will be available at the information table at FYS.
- One presentation may be from within the triad.
- Two must be from presentations outside the triad.
- You will complete a final portfolio in video format for seminar.
- You must work in groups of 3 to 5.
- Need to choose your groups today.
- May only choose people who are in attendance today
- Full assignment description will be ready later this week.
- This will be sent out when completed.
- We will further discuss this during class at a later date.
- Get thee to SI Sessions! They are free!
- M 5-5:50 pm, CI 113
- W 2-2:50 pm, IH 162
- F 11-11:50 am, OCNR 116
- Historical Argument Essay WAS DUE Sunday, November 13
- If you have not submitted your paper, you have 7 days to submit it late.
- Each day is a 5% grade penalty.
- WORK DAY
- Wednesday, November 16
- Upload a group photo and your PowerPoint in BlackBoard for grade and attendance
- NO CLASS ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21
- Please submit your corrected PowerPoint for First-Year Symposium by 3 pm that day for attendance and a grade.
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, PRACTICE FYS DURING CLASS!!!
- First-Year Symposium: Wednesday, November 30
- COMM Persuasive speeches: November 28, 30, and December 2, 5
- History Exam 3, December 12