Welcome to Seminar!
- Mindful Minute (180 - End of class)
Wednesday, October 11 - Sections 180 and 181 will combine. Both sections will attend Seminar at 8 am and COMM at 10 am. Please be sure to mark this on your calendars!
Tips for doing well on this exam:
- DO NOT USE INFORMATION FROM THE INTERNET!
- Your class lectures, text book, and SI sessions are all you need.
- Remember to include all parts of each ID! (Who/what, when, where, historical significance)
- Remember that your IDs are worth 60% of your exam grade, BUT do not neglect your essay question either.
- Use a writing utensil that will be as comfy as possible.
- If you want to do well on this exam you will be writing for very close to 50 minutes.
- The exam will include plenty of paper for you to write your answers.
- If an answer is a short answer be sure you know all of the information about that ID or essay question.
- Prioritize your time!
- Not all 18 ID terms will be on the exam. If there are two you are really struggling with then leave those out and make sure you know the rest. You only have to answer three on the actual exam.
- Look for IDs that fit well into your essay answers so you are studying smarter and not harder.
- Not all IDs or essay questions are made for the exam.
DO NOT CONFUSE THE COLUMBIAN EXCHANGE WITH TRIANGULAR TRADE!!!
- Friday, October 13 - History Exam 1 (T-minus 4 days and counting!!!)
- Get thee to SI Sessions! They are free!
- M 12-12:50 pm, IH 163
- W 1-1:50 pm, IH 163
- R 7-7:50 pm, IH 157
- How well have YOU been studying?
- October 16: Class will take place in UC Bayview 320.
- October 18: In class mid-term reflection! DO NOT MISS THIS DAY AS A MAKEUP WILL NOT BE PROVIDED!
- Oct. 19: Islanders Night Out: Texas A&M-Corpus Christi invites all students to Islanders Night Out, on Thursday, Oct. 19, at 7 p.m. in the University Center, Lonestar Ballroom. Special guest speaker is Dr. Keith Edwards. Giveaways include free t-shirts (while supplies last) and food, and campus and community resources will be available. Islanders Night Out is sponsored by the Laura W. Bush Institute for Women’s Health and the Division of Student Engagement and Success. For more information, email email@example.com; or call 361.825.6219.
- Selfie at the event
- Must stay for the keynote presentation!
- One to two paragraphs about your experience and what you learned for up to 25 points of extra credit
- December 1: First-Year Symposium
- Office 365 for everyone (FREE)