Welcome back to seminar, my favorite young people!
- Hello, Kathleen and Kelsey!
- Destination Graduation Advisors for Triad K
You ready to hear about MORE assignments?!
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!!
Next week, we have conferences. Conferences are scheduled on the following dates and during the designated times:
- Monday, February 27 between 12 pm and 3:20 pm
- Tuesday, February 28 between 9 am and 10:40 am, and 12:30 pm and 4:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 1 between 10 am and 11:30 am, and 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm
- Thursday, March 2 between 9 am and 10:40 am, and 12:30 pm and 3 pm
All appointments are individual.
These sign-up will take place on Doodle. If you do not have a Doodle.com account, please create one and sign-in to your account before you pick a time slot on the schedule. If you do not create an account you can still sign-up for an appointment time; however, your time will not be secured and anyone with a Doodle account can choose to cancel that time slot and place themselves in it. There is nothing I can do about this, so it is imperative you choose your time slot while signed in to a Doodle.com account. The account is free and takes just a couple of minutes to complete. http://doodle.com/poll/2ihq963ia4zfvmc9
The link will be sent out via BlackBoard as an announcement this evening at 7 pm. All students across my four sections will be competing for one time slot. There are a total of 100 times slots, one for each of my students. If it is imperative that you have a particular day and time then please be ready to sign up when the link is sent out.
Failure to come to your conference will result in two absences as the 10 minute conference will take the place of two class periods.
MARCH 9 - VERY IMPORTANT DATE!!!
DR. QUINTANILLA WILL BE VISITING YOUR HISTORY CLASS.
We need to have as many students present as possible this day.
Attendance will be taken in History class. You have a work day in seminar, but you will have to attend history in order to be counted as present in seminar. I will have a sign-in sheet before history class begins.
- Don't forget your HIST quizzes and discussions!!! (Due every Sunday by 11:59 PM!)
- Friday, February 24 - Historical Argument Thesis and Outline Due
- February 27, February 28, March 1, March 2 - Conferences with your Seminar Professor, FC 128
- March 7 - In-class Midterm Reflection
- March 9 - COMM Unit Test 3
- Sunday, March 12, 5 pm- FYRC Proposal due
- EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY: Visit with one of our Triad peer mentors! Ask for a slip for proof of your meeting, and upload a picture of this slip into BlackBoard by Sunday, March 12, by 11:59 pm. This will earn you 15 points.
|Darcie||10-12 pm, 2-5 pm||12:30-1:30, 3:30-4:30||10-12 pm, 2-5 pm||12:30-1:30, 3:30-4:30||10-12 pm, 3:30-4:30|
|Ty||8 am-12 pm||8 am-12 pm||9 am-12 pm||8 am-12 pm||8 am-12 pm|
- March 13-17 - Spring Break
- Sunday, March 19, 11:59 pm - Historical Argument Paper Due
- March 23 - History Exam 2 (28 days until your next exam!)
- March 23, 28, 30, & April 4 - COMM Individual Presentations
- March 27- Individual Presentation due in BlackBoard
- March 28, March 30, April 4, and April 6- Individual Presentations
- Friday, April 7 - Last day to drop a class
- EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY: Visit with one of our Triad peer mentors! Ask for a slip for proof of your meeting, and upload a picture of this slip into BlackBoard by Sunday, April 9, by 11:59 pm. This will earn you 15 points.
- April 25, 27, & May 2 - Group Persuasive Presentations
- Thursday, April 27 - First-Year Research Conference
- EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY: Visit with one of our Triad peer mentors! Ask for a slip for proof of your meeting, and upload a picture of this slip into BlackBoard by Sunday, April 30, by 11:59 pm. This will earn you 15 points.
- Tuesday, May 2 - Last day of classes
- May 3 - Final Video Portfolio Due
- May 4-10 - Final Examinations
- May 8, 11 am - History Exam 3
- Office 365 for everyone (FREE)