WELCOME TO SEMINAR!
Welcome to Triad K and to First-Year Seminar!
KNOW YOUR DUMPSTER FIRE
- Who am I? How did I get here?
* Class Syllabus
- Our wiki page...
- Please try to explore it some more because it will be to your benefit to do so! :)
- I will try to make this wiki as useful to you as possible.
- Islander Email
College Student Things to Know
And now it's time for a little activity!
- Complete the handout.
- Make sure your name is on the top.
- You'll find out what this all means soon enough.
Tell me a little about yourself!
DUE JANUARY 24, BY 11:59 PM
Every semester will be a new experience, whether you have the same professors and classmates or not. Embrace the new experience!
- FIRST SEMINAR HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT DUE JANUARY 24, BY 11:59 PM IN BLACKBOARD!!!
- Office 365 for everyone (FREE)
- Wednesday, January 25 Last day to register or add a class
- February 9 - COMM Unit Test 1
- February 16 - History Exam 1 (T-minus 28 days and counting!!!)
- February 21 - COMM Unit Test 2
- February 24 - Historical Argument Thesis and Outline Due
- February 28/March 1 - Conferences with your Seminar Professor
- March 7 - In-class Midterm Reflection
- March 9 - COMM Unit Test 3
- March 13-17 - Spring Break
- March 19 - Historical Argument Paper Due
- March 23 - History Exam 2
- March 23, 28, 30, & April 4 - COMM Individual Presentations
- Friday, April 7 - Last day to drop a class
- April 25, 27, & May 2 - Group Persuasive Presentations
- Thursday, April 27 - First-Year Research Conference
- Tuesday, May 2 - Last day of classes
- May 3 - Final Video Portfolio Due
- May 4-10 - Final Examinations
- May 8, 11 am - History Exam 3