Welcome to seminar!
Please get into the following teams and sit facing each other. Yes, this means you will need to move your desks.
- Everyone take some time to answer the following questions:
- Briefly introduce yourself
- What is one thing that makes you unique?
- What is one strength you bring to your team?
- How can your team help you grow this semester?
- What does it mean to be American?
- What is one of your most strongly held beliefs about American history?
- How can your voice shape American history?
- Come up with a team name!
- Only ONE word.
I hope you like your team members because you will be doing all group assignments during seminar with these beautiful faces.
- FIRST SEMINAR HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT DUE TODAY, BY 11:59 PM IN BLACKBOARD!!!
- Wednesday office hours are being rescheduled. Office hours will be held from 9 am to 11 am instead of in the afternoon.
- Office 365 for everyone (FREE)
- Wednesday, January 25 Last day to register or add a class
- February 9 - COMM Unit Test 1
- February 16 - History Exam 1 (T-minus 23 days and counting!!!)
- February 21 - COMM Unit Test 2
- February 24 - Historical Argument Thesis and Outline Due
- February 28/March 1 - Conferences with your Seminar Professor
- March 7 - In-class Midterm Reflection
- March 9 - COMM Unit Test 3
- March 13-17 - Spring Break
- March 19 - Historical Argument Paper Due
- March 23 - History Exam 2
- March 23, 28, 30, & April 4 - COMM Individual Presentations
- Friday, April 7 - Last day to drop a class
- April 25, 27, & May 2 - Group Persuasive Presentations
- Thursday, April 27 - First-Year Research Conference
- Tuesday, May 2 - Last day of classes
- May 3 - Final Video Portfolio Due
- May 4-10 - Final Examinations
- May 8, 11 am - History Exam 3