Welcome back to seminar!
- Hello, Kathleen and Kelsey!
- Advisors assigned to our Triad for Destination Graduation
What is this dumpster fire business?
- a chaotic or disastrously mishandled situation (google.com, 2017)
- a complete disaster (urbandictionary.com, 2008)
Some of the years identified by Dr. Costanzo as containing dumpster fires:
- What do you think?
- What were some local dumpster fires last semester?
HISTORY IN THE MAKING TONIGHT!
- Don't forget your HIST quizzes and discussions!!! (Due every Sunday by 11:59 PM!)
- First extra credit opportunity!
- Introduce yourself to one of the staff members in Career Services.
- Take a selfie at the event.
- Insert the picture into a word document.
- Write a paragraph about your experience and telling me the name of the staff member you met in the same word document.
- Upload this into BlackBoard for 20 extra credit points by Friday, February 3, at 5 pm.
- This can only replace attendance and participation points.
- February 9 - COMM Unit Test 1
- February 16 - History Exam 1 (T-minus 16 days and counting!!!)
- Second Extra Credit Opportunity: Visit with the Peer Mentors! Ask for a slip for proof of your visit. Have your slips uploaded by the following dates at 11:59 pm.
- February 19
- March 12
- April 9
- April 30
|Darcie||10-12 pm, 2-5 pm||12:30-1:30, 3:30-4:30||10-12 pm, 2-5 pm||12:30-1:30, 3:30-4:30||10-12 pm, 3:30-4:30|
|Ty||8 am-12 pm||8 am-12 pm||9 am-12 pm||8 am-12 pm||8 am-12 pm|
- February 21 - Seminar will be held in the WRITING CENTER! Also, COMM Unit Test 2
- February 24 - Historical Argument Thesis and Outline Due
- February 28/March 2 - Conferences with your Seminar Professor
- March 7 - In-class Midterm Reflection
- March 9 - COMM Unit Test 3
- March 13-17 - Spring Break
- March 19 - Historical Argument Paper Due
- March 23 - History Exam 2
- March 23, 28, 30, & April 4 - COMM Individual Presentations
- Friday, April 7 - Last day to drop a class
- April 25, 27, & May 2 - Group Persuasive Presentations
- Thursday, April 27 - First-Year Research Conference
- Tuesday, May 2 - Last day of classes
- May 3 - Final Video Portfolio Due
- May 4-10 - Final Examinations
- May 8, 11 am - History Exam 3
- Office 365 for everyone (FREE)