Welcome back to seminar!
Please welcome your CASA Peer Mentor!
- Presentation, Sections 460, 461, and 453
Historical Argument Papers
These will be graded over the coming weeks. Those who are in danger of failing HIST and who may need to drop the class will be graded first.
The paper grade will not factor into your for HIST or seminar.
Due on March 29!
What will factor into the UCCP midterm grade:
- Introduce Yourself, 15 pts
- Press & Experts, 20 pts
- Three Potential Topics, 15 pts
- Mid-Term Reflection, 150 pts
- Grand total: 250 pts
THIS IS NOWHERE NEAR THE 1000 OVERALL POINTS FOR THIS CLASS. This is not a good indicator of your actual position in the class, although if you have a grade of zero at this point in the semester, the highest grade you can make in Seminar is a C.
Quick announcement about the upcoming exam!
- April 4
You will have class as presentations will be scheduled for this day.
Sections 460 & 461: Your completed presentation is due in BlackBoard on Monday, March 27. Please see the assignment description for more details.
COMMINAR for individual presentations for Sections 453 and 452
On March 28, March 30, and April 4, you will only attend COMM class and will receive attendance credit for both Seminar and COMM. I will be attending COMM to assist with individual presentations. Exception: Section 453
Let's review some terms!
- Section 460:
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Wilson's Fourteen Points
- Section 461:
- Wilson's Fourteen Points
- Section 453
- W.E.B. Du Bois' Talented Tenth
- Section 452
- The Great Migration
- National Women's Party
Sign up for presentation dates: Sections 460 and 461 only
- Don't forget your HIST quizzes and discussions!!! (Due on the designated Sundays by 11:59 PM!)
- Wednesday, March 22, 5 pm- FYRC Proposals with corrections due - Only those who indicated they wanted to submit theirs for consideration into FYRC
- March 23, 28, 30, & April 4 - COMM Individual Presentations
- March 24 - FYRC Proposals due to the FYRC committee
- March 27- Individual Presentation due in BlackBoard
- March 28, March 30, April 4, and April 6- Individual Presentations
- March 29 - Midterm grades will be in SAIL
- April 4 - History Exam 2 (14 days until your next exam!)
- Friday, April 7 - Last day to drop a class
- EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY: Visit with one of our Triad peer mentors! Ask for a slip for proof of your meeting, and upload a picture of this slip into BlackBoard by Sunday, April 9, by 11:59 pm. This will earn you 15 points.
|Darcie||10-12 pm, 2-5 pm||12:30-1:30, 3:30-4:30||10-12 pm, 2-5 pm||12:30-1:30, 3:30-4:30||10-12 pm, 3:30-4:30|
|Ty||8 am-12 pm||8 am-12 pm||9 am-12 pm||8 am-12 pm||8 am-12 pm|
- April 25, 27, & May 2 - Group Persuasive Presentations
- Thursday, April 27 - First-Year Research Conference
- EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY: Visit with one of our Triad peer mentors! Ask for a slip for proof of your meeting, and upload a picture of this slip into BlackBoard by Sunday, April 30, by 11:59 pm. This will earn you 15 points.
- Tuesday, May 2 - Last day of classes
- May 3 - Final Video Portfolio Due
- May 4-10 - Final Examinations
- May 8, 11 am - History Exam 3
- Office 365 for everyone (FREE)