Welcome back to seminar!
- WARNING: BLACKBOARD IS A LIAR!
- Return tests
- Highest grade: 94
- Class average: 71.85
- Highest grade: 77.5
- Class average: 58
- Highest grade: 82.5
- Class average: 62.23
- Not writing in complete sentences (identify section) or in paragraph format
- 1 point off for each short answer
- 5 points off of the entire essay
- Definitions and/or the essay seemed to come from common knowledge of the word rather than the sociological definition of the word
- Example: Socialization
- Concepts were not expanded upon in the essay question.
- One section of essay question 1 was worth 10 points and not much was written in that section, but other portions worth only 2 points had more information than necessary.
- Not all sections of the essay question were addressed
- Your next SOCI exam is October 18!!! (That's two weeks from today, people!)
- Extra credit opportunity! You must register by today to attend.
- Sign up to attend the Islander Leadership Conference by October 4 here: https://orgsync.com/6216/events/1574383/occurrences/3739185
- Attend the conference.
- Write a 1 page description (total) about three of the workshops you attended in a Word document and submit it here.
- Insert a selfie at the conference with one of the workshop speakers into the same Word document.
- Note: These points will ONLY count towards participation and attendance points. These will not take the place of any integrated assignments, First-Year Symposium, the midterm reflection, or any other assignments specified in the syllabus.
Are you registered to vote? http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/reqvr.shtml