Finish Rhetorical Analysis Paper
Reminder: Your Rhetorical Analysis is due BEFORE History class begins today, February 11th. NO LATE WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED. You must attach two Blue Books to your Rhetorical Analysis. Failure to attach two Blue Books will result in 10 points being taken off your grade for the paper.
Content: 75 points
- Did the student identify the speech/speaker and discuss the historical/political/social contexts surrounding their selection? Did the student use Eric Foner's Give Me Liberty! and any lecture/seminar notes for context?
- Did the student discuss the rhetorical appeals (ethos, pathos, logos) present in the speech in detail and provide specific examples of each from the document?
- Did the student identify the audience for the speech? Did the student identify the purpose of the primary source?
- Did the student discuss how the language or style of the argument works to persuade an audience?
- Did the student discuss what claims the argument (speech) makes? What issues are raised--or ignored or evaded?
Format: 25 Points
- Is the essay formatted according to APA guidelines and is it 3-4 pages in length (not including the cover page and reference page)?
- Did the student include a reference page with citations in correct APA format?
- Is the essay organized and cohesive, with few to no grammatical/mechanical/structural errors?