Sources and Research
- TOPIC DECLARATION DUE AT THE BEGINNING OF CLASS (HARD COPY)
- Introduce Research Log assignment (due on Thursday, February 14th by 8:30 a.m. to Blackboard)
- APSA Format and Writing Center Info (http://casa.tamucc.edu/wc_services.php)
- Discuss appropriate sources for Poli Sci Research Project and how to find them
- Review Lib Guide
REMINDER: Poli Sci Quiz 3 is due on Thurdsday, February 7th at 9:30 a.m.
Islander HOCO Events
- For Reference Page: author's last name, author's first name. Year of publication. "Title of Article." Name of newspaper, date of publication. Full web address (Month Day Year article retrieved)
- Example: Frates, Chris. 2003. “High School Junior Suspended after Posting Anti-war Fliers.” Denver Post,
February 28. http://www.ccmep.org/2003_articles/Iraq/022803_high_school_junior _suspended_after.htm (September 27, 2005).
- For in-text citations: (Author's last name year of article)
- Example: (Walker 2005)
Questions You Should Be Able to Answer After Today's Lecture
- What are the three different types of power and what are some examples of each?
- What is federalism?
- What is devolution?
- What kind of federalism is layer cake?
- What kind of federalism is marble cake?
- What is the Elastic Clause and how is it used? What is the formal name for the Elastic Clause?
- What does "police power" mean?
- What is diffusion?