- Discuss Poli Sci Research Project Assignment
- Discuss Topic Declaration (due next Tuesday, February 5th, by the beginning of Seminar class)
- Discuss media bias
- Intro to Bias: https://manowar.tamucc.edu/login?url=https://view.credocourseware.com/courses/course-v1:View+Videos+2313/xblock/block-v1:View+Videos+2313+type@sequential+block@5df3fa9eeb5c4c8dafa18ba274054019/?hash=&process_request=1&iframe=0
- Types of Bias: https://manowar.tamucc.edu/login?url=https://view.credocourseware.com/courses/course-v1:View+Videos+2313/xblock/block-v1:View+Videos+2313+type@sequential+block@978b003d3c054b5abc5aff5006665ea1/?hash=&process_request=1&iframe=0
REMINDER: Poli Sci Quiz 2 due by 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, January 31st
Islander HOCO Events
Questions You Should Be Able to Answer After Today's Lecture
- How did the Seven Year's War lead to animosity between the colonists and the British?
- Why is the Declaration of Independence directed at King George, not the British Parliament?
- Why did the United States set up a republic instead of a pure democracy?
- Why was the Articles of Confederation so weak?
- Why does the Articles of Confederation fail (4 reasons)?
- How does Shay's Rebellion illustrate the need for a stronger governing document?
- What are the two big plans presented at the Constitutional Convention and what are the details of both?
- What is the compromise of these two plans called and what are the details of that plan?