There's no such thing as a stupid question, only people too stupid to ask questions
- Why do we ask questions?
- Discuss the importance of research as learning
- Research for academic purposes vs. research for inquiry
- Introduce short research project
Learners who are developing their information literate abilities
- formulate questions for research based on information gaps or on reexamination of existing, possibly conflicting, information;
- determine an appropriate scope of investigation;
- deal with complex research by breaking complex questions into simple ones, limiting the scope of investigations;
- use various research methods, based on need, circumstance, and type of inquiry;
- monitor gathered information and assess for gaps or weaknesses;
- organize information in meaningful ways;
- synthesize ideas gathered from multiple sources;
- draw reasonable conclusions based on the analysis and interpretation of information.