Review Test Results
First half of the semester reflection
Reflective Writing Assignment:
Get out a sheet of paper. Be sure to write your name, section number, and date in the left hand corner. Please answer the following questions in paragraph form:
- How do you think your first seven weeks of college has gone? Think specifically about the first test and your critical essay. Do you think you handled these two assignments well? Did you budget enough time to produce a good paper and devote enough time to study for the test?
- What are some of the things you learned within these past five weeks? Using metacognition as a "habit of mind," reflect on how you have learned. - Mentioning content is okay here. However, I want to know what you have learned about yourself as a University student; your study habits, how you may have (or may not have) altered your study habits, your reading and note-taking habits, the process to which you write, how you prepared for the exam, etc.
- Using responsibility as a "habit of mind," how do you plan to improve in the upcoming five weeks? What are some things that you plan to do differently than you did in previous weeks?
- What are you struggling with? Do you know where to seek help for this problem? How do you plan to fix this problem?
- And finally, how can I improve or what can I do to better serve you, my students?