Welcome Back to Seminar!
Test-Taking Skills and Preparation
Remember that exam you took in Sociology? We're going to look at those grades today!
- Take some time to look over your test. Don't just look at the grade.
- Is your grade better, worse, or about the same as what you expected?
- What specific items did you miss? Why those and not others?
- How did you do on the writing portion?
- Next we'll discuss test-taking skills and preparation for exams.
- What did you do to prepare for this exam?
- What can you do to improve your preparation for next time?
- Is the test what you expected? How does it compare to other tests you've taken?
- What is it like for you to take a test?
- What test-taking strategies did you use for this exam? What worked? What didn't?
- How can you improve your test-taking skills for the next exam?
Before class ends, please meet with your Norm-Busting group to determine your next step. You will be expected to present in one week! You may meet with your instructor if you have any questions.
Announcements and Reminders
- Countdown to Norm-Busting due date (October 11): 7 days! How are you going to help your group complete your project?
- Countdown to second exam (October 18): 14 days! What are you doing to prepare?
- Wednesday, October 5, 4-6 PM: Loteria in the Garcia Plaza