We Won't Meet in Our Regular Classroom! Go to OCNR 243
Class Discussion...NWWK Concepts from 2.0
How does genre change writing? How do audiences change genre? How does genre change the way we craft written words?
- So what???
- How to apply this?
Symbolism, Allusion, Color, and Metaphor
- Read the definitions
- Now, read the lyrics to Beyonce's "Formation"
- Next, check out the Video
- Jot down as many of the symbols as you can that you saw in the video. What colors stood out? Why? What metaphors did you recognize? What about allusions? (There are tons of them in the video!)
- We'll share our responses with the class
Go to the Journal link for today in Black Board and respond to the following:
- If I were to choose a symbol for my oral visual presentation, what would it be? Do I want to use multiple symbols?
- If I were to use color in my presentation, which ones? Why?
- What is a metaphor that would be appropriate for my project? (For example, "Because of the Indian Removal Act, the Cherokee said Andrew Jackson was the devil").
10 Minute Break
About Those Pesky PowerPoints
Here's a new way to approach PPT that's way mo betah.
If There's Time...
Meet with your Presentation Team
Begin building your ppt for your Group Research Presentation. Remember, your group should decide on a cohesive design for your ppt. These should not be separate looking power points pieced together.
- Pay attention to your choice of colors and images. Every choice should be meaningful.
- Avoid the use of too much text. PPT slides are for images. Words come out of your mouth.
- Bring your part of the ppt and all your research materials to class on Wednesday for our presentation workshop.
READ: 5.0 and 5.2 in NWWK. Take notes, and bring these to class on Wed.