I expect you to...
- Come to class every day thoroughly prepared. This means that you have read the assigned readings and are prepared to write about them.
- Conduct your research in a thoughtful and scholarly manner.
- Treat your peers and me with respect, even if our world views, values, and opinions are wildly different than yours.
- Be a thoughtful reader of the work of your peers. Sharing writing is an intimate activity. Be constructive and positive in your critiques; give the writer concrete suggestions, and always give the writer's piece as much time and attention as you hope your readers give yours.
- Communicate with me. If there is something that is going on in your life that is affecting your work, please let me know. If you don't understand or are having trouble completing an assignment, please let me know.
You should expect me to...
- Come to class every day thoroughly prepared. This means that I have thoughtfully and carefully prepared each day's lesson plans so that they meet the goals and objectives of the course, and most importanly, further your learning in a siginificant way.
- Help you learn to conduct research in a thorough and scholarly manner.
- Treat you with respect, even if your world view, values, and opinions are wildly different than mine.
- Be a thoughtful reader of your work. I know that some of the things you share with me are personal. I will treat your writing with the respect and care that it deserves. I will give your writing as much constructive criticism, feedback, and editing as I am humanly able to.
- Communicate with you. I will try my best to communicate the assignments and requirements of the class in order for you to succeed to the best of your capabilities. If I think something outside of class is affecting my energy and enthusiasm on a particular day, I will tell you so.