WP 1 WORKSHOP
Make sure WP 1 Draft 1 is posted to Bb!
- Remember, I can't accept late submissions!
Let's Break Down WP 1
- Let's discuss each section of the paper
- How to cite your quotes from primary sources...don't forget to use the MLA guide!
REVISE Draft 1
- Based on our discussion, take about 30-45 minutes, and REVISE your "shitty first draft." At then end of this writing session, SAVE this version as WP 1 Draft 2. Remember, you'll need evidence of your entire writing process for your Triad K Portfolio!
Get Ready for Some Peer Review
- Finish drafting WP 1. If you make another substantial change to your paper, call it WP 1 Draft 3.
- Email your draft to your partner for peer review.
- After you receive your partner's draft, use the concepts of effective peer review as you read and review your peer's project:
- Read the draft in its entirety FIRST.
- Turn on "Track Changes," and ask the writer questions as you read...use the "Insert Comment" feature on Track Changes.
- Make any corrections you think are needed, but focus on content, not grammar.
- Write an end note to your peer, as described in the video.
- SAVE your peer's draft as a new version. For example, WP 1 Draft 1_Jose's edit.
- EMAIL the essay back to your peer.
- POST the ESSAY YOU EDITED TO Bb no later than Sunday by midnight. This will count as a homework grade.
- Next, REVISE your version of WP 1. Use the peer feedback you received to help improve your paper. Be sure to accept or reject changes and make sure you save your final version without any track changes.
- Consult the WP 1 MLA Guide to help you w/ the MLA stuff. Do your best. YOU SHOULD HAVE A WORKS CITED LIST AND IN-TEXT CITATIONS INCLUDED IN YOUR FINAL DRAFT. *THE FINAL DRAFT OF WP 1 IS DUE AS A PRINTED COPY NO LATER THAN 12:30 ON TUESDAY FEB. 13 BEFORE OUR LIBRARY SESSION BEGINS. THIS SHOULD BE A PRINTED, STAPLED VERSION COMPLETE WITH A WORKS CITED LIST.
- As an extra measure of insurance, also UPLOAD your final draft of WP 1 to Bb no later than 12:30 on Tuesday.
BOTH SEMINAR AND COMP MEET IN THE LIBRARY INSTRUCTION ROOM ON THE 2ND FLOOR (Room 216A) ON TUESDAY, FEB. 13. DON'T GO TO OUR REGULAR CLASSROOMS. WE'LL COMBINE FOR THE LIBRARY SESSION!