Make Sure Your Research Log Is Posted to Black Board As Soon as You Arrive!
- This counts as a homework grade.
Form Presentation Teams!
I've written each Triad C theme on the board. Write your name and your topic under the appropriate theme. You may list your name/topic under more than one category for now.
- Form groups, based on the category you belong to. The broad Triad C themes are:
- Revolution and Revolt
- Power and Oppression
COMPOSE A GROUP PRESENTATION PLAN
The plan is a guide to get you started. Eventually, your group will compose a formal GROUP PRESENTATION PROPOSAL.
- Begin by electing someone to type all this information into the Presentation Plan template.
- Make final decisions re. your presentation groups. Groups ideally should have 3- 5 members.
- Meet with your group and discuss "common themes." Establish how you will connect all of your individual topics to a broader Triad C theme.
- Determine your Presentation Group's goals and expectations for each group member.
- Review the requirements for the First Year Research Conference. Decide, as a group, if you want to try to be accepted into the FYRC. All groups, regardless or whether or not you want to be considered for the FYRC, must compose a Group Proposal, following the instructions on the FYRC site. If you have any interest in participating in the First Year Research Conference, check "yes." You can always decide later not to participate.
- Once your group has completed the document, someone will need to print it (just one copy), and EACH group member must SIGN this document. Your group member who typed the document should make sure to EMAIL this document to all group members so that everyone has a copy for their portfolio.
If your group wants to try to get into the FYRC, the deadline is this Friday. Group Proposals are due March 28.
- Decide when your group will meet to write the proposal. Set a time and place.
- Group Proposals:
- Meet with your entire group to collaboratively compose a proposal for your topic. Identify a broad claim that will work for all of your topics, and that connects to your broad theme. Here are the assignment instructions for the First Year Research Conference You will apply for a PANEL, not an individual presentation.
- Here is another sample of a PANEL proposal: Use the THIRD sample proposal from this site: http://www.cgu.edu/pages/919.asp
- Unlike the sample, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CORRECT PARENTHETICAL CITATIONS IN THE TEXT OF YOUR PROPSOAL AND A WORKS CITED LIST ATTACHED TO YOUR PROPOSAL.
- Also, unlike the sample, please format your proposal according to MLA conventions.
- Work on and draft your Group Proposal collaboratively. Once you get a draft hammered out, you can revise and edit electronically. Google Docs is good for this.
- Bring your most recent draft of your proposal to class on Wed. THIS WILL COUNT AS A HOMEWORK GRADE.
- Just a reminder...FYRC Proposals are due on FRIDAY. If your group wants to try to get into the conference, you MUST come and see me during office hours on Wed (3:30 - 5:30) or Thurs.
- WP 3 - The Research Journal
- Complete any work you didn't get to over the break. You should have the MLA Assignment DONE and have a minimum of 15 sources on your Research Log.