Last Minute WP 2 Questions?
- Here's the Source Review Sample we completed in class before the break.
- Please bring PRINTED versions of your Research Journals to class on Thursday. Include a RUBRIC . You may stick all your stuff in a paper folder.
- The new due date is Thursday, March 23 at the beginning of class!
Form Presentation Teams!
I've written each Learning Community theme on the board. Write your name and your topic under the appropriate theme. You may list your name/topic under more than one category for now.
- Form groups, based on the category you belong to. Look for people with the same or similar topics. Alternatively, how could you connect feminist topics with Abolitionist topics? The broad LC E themes are:
- Equality, Liberty & Order
- Revolution & Revolt
- Power & Oppression
- Our MAIN LC E theme is Courage, Conviction and Composition.
COMPOSE A GROUP PRESENTATION PLAN
The plan is a guide to get you started and help you identify areas you need to research in order to align your research with the rest of your team.
- Begin by electing someone to type all this information into the Group Presentation Plan. This person will also be in charge of saving the document, and getting copies to the rest of the team.
- Make final decisions re. your presentation groups. Groups ideally should have about 3 to a team, no more than 5. Remember, it's ok if you work with folks who are not in your Writing Group for this project.
- Meet with your group and discuss "common themes." Establish how you will connect all of your individual topics to a broader Learning Community E theme.
- Begin, as a team to hammer out the questions asked of you on the Presentation Plan.
- Determine your Presentation Group's goals and expectations for each group member. You need to decide if you want to, as a group, participate in the First Year Research Conference. This is a great opportunity!!!
- What's our goal? Your group will present a formal, academic research presentation to the Learning Community at the end of the semester.
- Once your group has completed the document, someone will need to print it (just one copy), and EACH group member must SIGN this document. Your group member who typed the document should make sure to EMAIL this document to all group members so that everyone has a copy for their portfolio.
- Give Jen one printed, signed, stapled copy. You may do this now or bring it to class on Thursday. This will count as a homework grade.
- Remember, I can't accept late work.
Study for History Exam 2. Here's a link to the review materials Y'all are lucky to have Prof. Marquez. Use the resources she's provided you!
- Plan on attending SI sessions.
Here is the schedule for SI until test day. The review is up so take a look, and I hope to see all of you at the sessions.
SI Schedule – Exam 2
Monday 3/20 @ 4pm in CI 138
Wednesday 3/22 @ 10am in CI 122
Thursday 03/23 @ 9am in OCNR 131
Thursday 03/23 @ 5pm in CI 128
Friday 03/24 @ 2pm in BH 127
Monday 3/27 @ 4pm in CI 122
Monday 3/27 @ 6pm in CI 122
Tuesday 3/28 @ 9am in BH 127
Wednesday 3/29 @ 10am in CI 122