Group Proposal Workshop
Your group should have a DRAFT of your proposal ready to go at the beginning of class today.
- Check the link to class research teams and topics. Make sure you have a specific theme identified. Let me know if anything changes, and I'll update the list!
Reminders about the FYRC
- Participation is optional.
- All teams will write a proposal, based on the FYRC criteria. It's up to your group whether or not you want to try to get into the conference.
- All teams that don't present at the FYRC will present as a group at the end of the semester.
Presentation Teams: Revise Your Proposal
- Access the draft of your group proposal. Revise and work on this collaboratively.
- I'll be looking at proposal drafts, and providing feedback.
- Schedule a time for your presentation team to get together an finish the proposal.
- Use the THIRD sample proposal from this site: http://www.cgu.edu/pages/919.asp as a guide.
- Unlike the sample, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CORRECT PARENTHETICAL CITATIONS IN THE TEXT OF YOUR PROPSOAL AND A WORKS CITED LIST ATTACHED TO YOUR PROPOSAL.
- Also, unlike the sample, please format your proposal according to MLA conventions.
- If you want to try to get into the conference, come and see me with your draft today or tomorrow during office hours...this is MANDATORY!
- Begin drafting a reflection for your Research Journal. You may begin your pre-writing by responding to the following prompts:
- What article, or part of an article, was the most interesting to you? What fascinating information did you learn?
- What were the challenges you faced during this research process? How did you overcome these challenges?
- What steps you took in finding your information.
- What surprised you about your research? In what ways did your research take you in an unexpected direction?
- SAVE this document and call it WP 3 Reflection Draft 1. Bring this as an electronic document to class on Friday. Also, be sure and bring electronic and/or printed versions of your MLA assignment and your research log.
- Review the RUBRIC for WP 3. Make sure you have all the required elements!
- WP 3 will be due on Friday no later than 5pm in my office. Today is the last day to request an extension. Don't forget you also have a history exam coming up!
- Jen is having extra office hours on Thursday (tomorrow!) from 12-2. Come and see me if you need help with the group proposal (especially if you are going to apply to the FYRC), or WP 3.