WP 2 DUE at the Beginning of Class
- Remember, I can't accept late work per the LC E policy!
Exam Essay Prep!
Get ready to write!
Group Proposals Workshop
- Review the guidelines for writing a proposal for the FYRC
- EVERY GROUP will write a proposal, regardless of whether or not you plan to apply to the conference.
- Using the guidelines on the FYRC, collaboratively compose a proposal for your topic. Identify a broad claim that will work for all of your topics, and that connects to your broad theme.
- Here's a SAMPLE (Thanks to Prof. Burnett!)
- Here are some samples of PANEL proposals from OWL
- Unlike the sample for the panel, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CORRECT PARENTHETICAL CITATIONS IN THE TEXT OF YOUR PROPOSAL AND A WORKS CITED LIST ATTACHED TO YOUR PROPOSAL.
- Also, unlike the sample, please format your proposal according to MLA conventions.
- Work on and draft your Group Proposal collaboratively. Once you get a draft hammered out, you can revise and edit electronically. Google Docs is good for this.
- Finish your group presentation proposal. The proposal should be 350 words (not including citations or Works Cited list). The proposal MUST include in-text citations and a Works Cited list. EACH presenter should cite at least one source in the proposal. Bring this as a printed, stapled copy at the beginning of class on Tuesday.
- Study for History Exam 2. Remember to utilize the exam review materials Prof. Marquez has provided for you! Go to SI!!!