WP 2 - THE CRITICAL ANALYSIS DUE AT THE BEGINNING OF HISTORY TODAY. LATE WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
The MLA Exercise
This is one of the main components of WP 3. Let's break it down.
Locate Sources for Your Research Log
Required elements include (y'all tell me!):
- A book (from the Bell Library)
- A non-scholarly periodical
- An article from a web site
- Primary source document
- Scholarly, peer reviewed journal article from the database
Begin Building Your MLA Assignment
Start with a web site (make sure it's credible!!) and a periodical.
- How to locate these in the Triad C Library Guide
- How to locate these using (gasp!) Google!
Sample MLA Assignments
Here are some samples we built in class:
- Go to the library and check out your book(s) you located for this assignment. Add these books to your Research Log.
- Continue working on your MLA assignment. By class time on Friday, you should have:
- A book citation, paraphrase, and direct quote.
- A web site citation, paraphrase, and direct quote.
- A periodical (non-scholarly) citation, paraphrase, and direct quote.
- Post this to Blackboard no later than the regular start time of your comp class on Friday.
Note: Friday we will not have a formal class meeting; instead, you will be responsible for completing an online assignment. You will also be expected to conduct research and read articles and book chapters from your research log. See Friday's Plans for more details.