Writing Project 2 - Research and Information Literacy
For this project, you will choose a topic from American History (pre-Reconstruction) to study and research, focusing on at least one primary source document. Your research goal for this project is to come to some sort of understanding of how the ideals of liberty, equality, and order influenced and shaped the events, situations, and people associated with your topic. You will use the information and thinking you have gathered during this research process as springboard to initiate the writing process for Writing Project 3!
This unit of study is designed to give you practice and experience with the following:
- working with research processes at the college-level with the aid of the ACRL’s Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education;
- employing rhetorical principles to evaluate, analyze, and select multiple sources; and
- using reflection to foster learning. As you conduct your research online and at the Library, you will create a series of documents that chronicle your research and the development of your thinking on your topic:
- Research Proposal for WP2: Due Date: Bring hard copy to class on Friday, October 7th.
- Focused Research and Inquiry Due Date: Bring hard copy to class on Friday, October 21st.
- Research Reflection Due Date: Bring hard copy to class on ???