Please Turn in Printed Versions of Your Critical Analysis
Symbolism, Allusion, Color, and Metaphor
- Read the definitions
- Now, read the lyrics to Beyonce's "Formation"
- Next, check out the Video
- Jot down as many of the symbols as you can that you saw in the video. What colors stood out? Why? What metaphors did you recognize? What about allusions? (There are tons of them in the video!)
- We'll share our responses with the class
Go to the Journal link for today in Black Board and respond to the following:
- If I were to choose a symbol for my oral visual presentation, what would it be? Do I want to use multiple symbols?
- If I were to use color in my presentation, which ones? Why?
- What is a metaphor that would be appropriate for my project? (For example, "Because of the Indian Removal Act, the Cherokee said Andrew Jackson was the devil").
If There's Time...
Meet with your Presentation Team to figure out when y'all are going to get to work. A friendly reminder: presentations begin the MONDAY WHEN WE GET BACK FROM THANKSGIVING. This is when you will be evaluated (graded!)
- Make plans to meet with your team this week to work on your presentation for First Year Symposium.
- Continue revising your "New Genre" for WP 3.
- Bring your most recent draft to class on Wednesday ready for peer review in electronic format.
- Study for your CV reading quiz...last one is in Seminar on Wednesday!