The WP 3 Texas Two Step
Yep...we are working on two different papers for this project. #whatthe%$#*weretheythinking?
WP 3 - The Critical Analysis
- Questions? Concerns?
- You should have this puppy about drafted...everything except your thesis statement. We'll work on that today in Seminar. Hugs to Prof. Marquez!
WP 3 - The Persuasive Genre
Yep, that's right...it should be rhetorically powerful and argumentative. This piece of writing should connect your historical topic to a modern day issue; take a stand. Make an appeal. Choose the genre that best suits your target audience. Let's talk about 'em (and I added a new one I think you might like!)
- Newspaper Op-Ed piece (you could post this onto your Tri-Fold @ FYS) Check out the opinion piece from the New York Times.
- Letter to key player (you could post this onto your Tri-Fold @ FYS, OR hand out copies)
- Magazine or newspaper article (again...think about lay out and design if you do this...it could be a very cool multi-modal project)
- Pamphlet directed to your PEERS! (Typical tri-fold pamphlet using a template in Publisher...think about being able to hand these out at FYS!)
- Press Release (think of this genre as a call to action that announces an initiative, an event, or a new online resource. You should consider this if you really think you're going to continue to work on this project outside of class.
- Blog Post: this is something you could actually publish and put out into the world. How cool is that??
Revisit your ideas about which genre you want to use for the 2nd part of WP 3. Brainstorm your ideas...then get ready to write!
REMINDER: WP 3 is DUE on FRIDAY NO LATER THAN 3PM.
- If you want an extension, request it in writing no later than 3pm today. Please don't waste your time and my time. SPECIFY THE TIME AND DATE you will be submitting in your extension request.
- For FRIDAY, the FINAL DRAFT of the Critical Analysis is due. The FIRST COMPLETE draft of the New Genre is due.
- MAKE YOUR FINAL REVISIONS to the Critical Analysis for WP 3.
- Make arrangements for Peer Review of both the Critical Analysis and the New Genre for WP 3.
- We won't have a formal class meeting on Friday. Instead, use the time wisely to:
- Visit the Writing Center for last minute revision help
- Get or give peer review
- Polish, polish, polish
- Complete your draft of the New Genre piece of writing for WP 3.
- Post both documents to Blackboard no later than 3pm on Friday as attachments. These need to be in WORD please.
- Be sure to consult Friday's class plans, as there is a homework assignment that's due for Monday.