MLA Workshop (Mweh!)
Please make sure you have a printed version of your most recent draft of WP 1.
- What Questions Do You Have?
- In-text citations...weird rules
- Other sources you may need to cite:
- Dr. Wooster's lectures
- Give Me Liberty
- Using Quotations:
- Check out my handy-dandy "Using Quotations" Handout! This shows you how to handle long quotes.
- Show me a:
- Beautiful signal phrase
- An in-text citation that just needs a page #.
- A chunk of text where you quote the Wooster-man.
- How you skillfully introduced a primary source document.
If there's time...
Exchange drafts (paper or electronic) with someone in your writing group, and just edit their MLA stuff. Make any needed corrections.
- Continue revising/perfecting WP 1. Don't wait on my feedback...get on it!
- Finish studying for the History Exam. Remember: you do NOT want your shitty first draft occurring in the lecture hall on Friday. Make sure you write that shitty first draft NOW.
- We will not meet as a class on Friday. Woo hoo! Eat a good breakfast before the exam. Take some time to decompress after the exam. You're welcome.
- BUT, YOU DO NEED TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE ASSIGNMENT POSTED ON FRIDAY'S CLASS PLANS!