Online Class - We Won't Meet F2F
- First, watch the Video about Peer Review
- Next, watch the Video about How to Use Track Changes in Word.
- Exchange drafts electronically w/ someone in your writing group.
- Use the concepts of effective peer review as you read and review your peer's project:
- Read the draft in its entirety FIRST.
- Turn on "Track Changes," and ask the writer questions as you read...use the "Insert Comment" feature on Track Changes.
- Make any corrections you think are needed, but focus on content, not grammar.
- Write an end note to your peer, as described in the video.
- SAVE your peer's draft as a new version. For example, WP 1 Draft 4_Jose's edit.
- EMAIL the essay back to your peer.
- POST the ESSAY YOU EDITED TO Bb no later than the end of our normal class time. This means that Section 243 must post by NOON, and Section 242 must most by 1:00PM This will count as your daily writing grade for today.
- Finish drafting WP 1. Use the peer feedback you received to help revise. Be sure to accept or reject changes and make sure you save your final version without any track changes.
- Consult the WP 1 MLA Guide to help you w/ the MLA stuff. Do your best. YOU SHOULD HAVE A WORKS CITED LIST AND IN-TEXT CITATIONS INCLUDED IN THE DRAFT YOU SUBMIT TO Bb.
- Submit this most current -- your "best effort draft" -- to Bb no later than MIDNIGHT FRIDAY.
- Study for History Exam 1. Come to class on Monday prepared to write one of the essays that may be on the exam.