ONLINE CLASS - WE WON'T MEET F2F IN CCH TODAY!
HISTORY CLASS WILL MEET AS USUAL IN CI
Instead, please complete the following assignments:
- PARTICIPATE in the Discussion Forum entitled "Lamott and NWWK" that is posted in Black Board. To participate log in to Bb, selected our Rhetoric and Writing class, then click on "Discussions" in the blue side-bar. Follow the instructions posted in Bb.
- You must post and respond no later than Midnight Sunday.
- READ the following links:
- Complete the homework as listed below for Monday:
- READ THE SYLLABUS. For real. Read it. If you don't come to class on Monday with lots of questions, I'll be happy to test your understanding of the syllabus with a quiz...so you can prove to me you understand everything about the syllabus. Just sayin'.
- Review (or re-read) pp. 15-34 in Naming What We Know. (Hereafter, I'll refer to our text simply as NWWK.).
- After you review the text, go back through your highlighted passages and notes; also, consider our online class discussion. Choose three passages (direct quotes) from three different sections that resonate with you.
- Compose a Reading Response in which you:
- Introduce or contextualize the quote. Provide some context about what the author's topic is.
- Provide the direct quote, along with correct academic documentation.
- Provide your own analysis of the quote. Further explain what you think the author is saying and why you think this is significant.
- Include a Works Cited list.
- Please bring this as a printed, stapled version to class on Monday
- Don't forget your assignment for Prof. Marquez (especially since it helps with MY class!) Your response may be handwritten. Responses will be picked up at the BEGINNING of Seminar!)
- Answer the following questions below, in paragraph form. Elaborate and explain as much as possible:'''
- Other than class assignments, what kinds of things do you write or have you written?
- What piece of writing are you most proud of?
- How does writing make you feel and why?