Please bring your Greenwich Village 1913 text to Comp (Writing & Rhetoric) today!
Test Your Knowledge of Rhetoric
Let's Figure Out WP 1 - The Rhetorical Analysis
What is this Greenwich Village stuff all about???
- Credo Reference:EVERYONE read the article entitled "Greenwich Village" in the Encyclopedia of Urban America.
- Next...form four groups to research the following:
- Women's Suffrage/1st Wave of Feminism (include Greenwich Village in your search terms; also try "heterodoxy")
- 20th Century Labor Movement (start w/ search term IWW)
- Margaret Sanger (include "Greenwich Village" in your search terms)
- "Bohemianism" in the Encyclopedia of Urban America
- Figure out, based on your assigned role, what primary source from your RTTP text you want to analyze for WP 1. For many of you, there is a document written by your character in the text. Choose one. For many others, instead of a primary source written BY your character, you will choose a primary source who's argument aligns with the point of view of your character.
- So, you will have to thoroughly read and understand your role sheet.
- Next, you will have to dive into your text book and find a primary source you think will work.
- Finally, write a proposal in which you explain your choice. In this proposal you must specify:
- Who your character is and what his or her viewpoints are, in your own words
- What primary source you will be analyzing
- Specify the medium of the primary source (a play? an essay? a short story? a letter? Be specific)
- Who the author is (your character, or someone else?)
- If your character is NOT the author of your primary source, you MUST prove why this primary source accurately and compellingly represents your character's world view.
- What is your character's purpose in making this argument or aligning with this author's argument?