Exam 1 Reflection - Habit of Mind: Metacognition
Let's start off by journaling about your experience w/ the Exam 1 essay. Incorporate some discussion about Habits of Mind
- First, watch the Video about Peer Review
- Next, watch the Video about How to Use Track Changes in Word.
- Exchange drafts electronically w/ your partner.
- Use the concepts of effective peer review as you read and review your peer's project:
- Read the draft in its entirety FIRST.
- Turn on "Track Changes," and ask the writer questions as you read...use the "Insert Comment" feature on Track Changes.
- Make any corrections you think are needed, but focus on content, not grammar.
- Write an end note to your peer, as described in the video.
- SAVE your peer's draft as a new version. For example, WP 1 Draft 1_Jose's edit.
- EMAIL the essay back to your peer.
- POST the ESSAY YOU EDITED TO Bb no later than the end of class. This will count as your daily writing grade for today.
WP 1 De-Brief
What are you struggling with? We'll go through specific problems and look at drafts.
- Finish drafting WP 1. Use the peer feedback you received to help revise. Be sure to accept or reject changes and make sure you save your final version without any track changes.
- Consult the WP 1 MLA Guide to help you w/ the MLA stuff. Do your best. YOU SHOULD HAVE A WORKS CITED LIST AND IN-TEXT CITATIONS INCLUDED IN THE DRAFT YOU SUBMIT TO Bb.
- Bring your REVISED draft of WP 1 in electronic format to class on Thursday. We will work on MLA issues, answer questions, and maybe have time for a peer review that focuses on surface errors. THE FINAL DRAFT OF WP 1 IS DUE TO JEN'S OFFICE AS A PRINTED, STAPLED VERSION NO LATER THAN 4PM ON THURSDAY.