Effective Visual Rhetoric
- Use of color
- Use of iconic image
- Use of symbol
- Metaphor: "win the war" Comparing battling climate change to the "good war" -- WWII.
- Black & white for "old" image...color for "new" image
Using Symbols & Metaphor
- Symbolic use of "stars and stripes"
- Specific metaphor: "blood = oil" achieved by replacing the tank gun w/ gas pump & b/c the "oil" or "gas" is red, not black or brown
Appealing to a specific audience
- Cartoonish image
- Child-like font (mix of capital and lowercase letters)
- Anthropomorphism of chick (The chick is talking...I'm not a nugget vs. She's not a nugget!)
- Happy, simple color scheme