1.Avoid using the word LIKE, as in: I LIKE IT.
You may use alternative words to get your positive feelings across, such as:
- THIS PHOTO IS VERY APPEALING TO ME.
- or even I LOVE THIS PHOTO (much more emphatic).
- Be prepared for me to ask you WHY.
2. Use descriptive words to talk about the photographs such as:
TONAL, CONTRASTY, SOFT, TEXTURED, PATTERNED, DIMENSIONAL, CLARITY, AMBIGUOUS, RHYTHMIC, ORGANIC, GEOMETRIC, TRANSPARENT, LUMINOUS, ATMOSPHERIC, HARD EDGED, MINIMAL,CHAOTIC, HIGH KEY. LOW KEY, HIGH ANGLE, LOW ANGLE
More words that describe the composition are: CENTERED, TOP-WEIGHTED, BOTTOM-WEIGHTED, SYMMETRICAL, ASYMMETRICAL, VERTICAL, HORIZONTAL, DIAGONAL, SPIRAL, RADIAL, RIGHT WEIGHTED, LEFT WEIGHTED
3. Add more words here as you think of them.