Student Learning Outcomes :
- Student will learn to use a conditional statements (if)
- and the equals symbol ==
- Student will learn to use functions and use them in their program
- Student will learn how to read a push button switch with your Arduino. (Cookbook 5.1)
- Student will learn how to use a proximity sensor.
- Student will learn how to use a distance sensor.
- Student will learn to wire an 8 ohm speaker (handout).
- Student will learn about scope of variables
Tutorials and help sheets:
- Lady Ada Lesson 5 Switches, conditional statements (if)
- Functions. http://falcon.tamucc.edu/wiki/Katz/FunCtions
- Speaker Handout
Lectures and Demonstrations
- Comparison of conditional statements
- Scope review.
- Proximity and distance sensors
- Problems and a partial solution
- Speakers Ohms, Watts, Power, electromagnetism.
- Install the class libraries from Dropbox unless I email them. (these may not be needed)
- Learn how to read a push button on your Arduino, or switch. Demonstrate this in class to the instructor.
- Learn how to use a proximity sensor. Demonstrate this in class to the instructor.
- Learn to wire an 8 ohm speaker (handout). Learn how to make the speaker make a sound and how to vary it. Demonstrate it in class to your instructor.
Interaction A assignment Make your light from assignment 3 react to a person's presence with a proximity sensor or distance sensor. Make the timing decisions have meaning or appear to. Intendedness can be hard to communicate with timing. Somewhere in your sequence use sound from the speaker. There will be many devices in the same space. You may not have more than 200 milliseconds of sound every 10 seconds. This object should be a finished piece, even if simple, ready for display. I intend to display them in the hallway. Due Class 11
- for and if statements
- understanding functions
- kilowatt hours (possible)
- Pull up and Pull down resistors