LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS
WEBCT ONLINE COURSE INSTRUCTIONS
In order to take a WebCT course:
- You must be enrolled in a WebCT course.
- Your account with the business office must be current.
OBTAIN YOUR WEBCT ID
If they have already obtained their Novell password, do not go through New User for information on WebCT. The WebCT ID is the same as the Novell
If you do not have your WebCT ID:
- Go to http://labs.tamucc.edu/ (opens in a new window)
- Run 'New User'
- Read through the information concerning computer use here at Texas A&M University-CC
- Choose 'Proceed with New User'
- Provide the information requested and complete this process
- When you get to the screen that shows your ID and passwords, read the WebCT information at the bottom.
- Write down your ID and store it in a safe place. Do not give it to anyone. Close the NewUser window and continue.
If you already have your WebCT ID, log into WebCT(see below).
TO LOG INTO THE WEBCT COURSE
- Under 'Login' menu on the Island Online Website, select 'WebCT CE Login'.
- Click on the appropriate links to login to WebCT.
- Enter your WebCT ID which is the same as the Novel, Kestrel, and Rapport ID you got from New User.
- Enter the password obtained from the WebCT information section of 'New User', if you have logged into WebCT before, use your previous password.
- The default password is their birthday, in this format: mmddyyyy.
- The first time you log in with the password obtained from 'New User', you will be asked to change it.
- Change your password to something you will remember.
- You will be logged out after you change the password. Log in back with your password.
- After logging in successfully, you will be on the entry page for your courses.
You must be enrolled and your account must be settled at least one or two days before this course will be listed on WebCT.
For assistance, please contact TAMUCC Island Online Help Desk at (361)825-2825 or long distance 1-866-353-2491