Let's begin with a lecture check-in.
- What is a dichotomy? What is the agriculturalist vs. hunter-gatherer dichotomy?
- Can you think of any aspects of lecture that would pertain to environmental history as we discussed it in last seminar?
- Why is terminology (e.g., 'Indians,' 'Native Americans,' 'indigenous peoples,' 'Karankawa') important?
- Discussion Circle on the second section of Martin's article on Native American and European Encounters. What were your responses to the 'For Critical Thinking' questions?
- Make sure to get a hold of the first book and read chapters 1 and 2 this weekend. Read for comprehension but also DETAIL. Expect a practice quiz on the material.