Hello, Darcie! Our peer mentor has some advice to share; please welcome her.
Time permitting, we will look at a popular music concert review together. Someone suggest a band!
Then let's get into small groups and tell each other about our concert reviews.
Next, choose one and analyze it together.
- What is included?
- What is left out?
- What question would you like to have asked the reviewer?
- Does the reviewer seem to have enjoyed the event or disliked it? Why?
- What sorts of adjectives does the reviewer use?
- What other sorts of language stands out?
- (How does it differ from a popular music review?)
- What sorts of things will you observe, notice and include in your own concert reviews?
Pay attention to your note-taking in large lecture. What things are you writing down? What things are you omitting? Why? Bring your notes thus far to Seminar on Monday for an activity.