Activity: Scavenger Hunt
- You will be out of class to complete this activity!
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring your phone to take pictures!
- Stay tuned for more information! :)
- Your mission is to go out and become familiar with your campus!
- You have 15 minutes to complete your mission!
- After 15 min., come back to class and share what you learned with your friends in 2-3 min.!
- You must work in your assigned learning group (I will provide more information about your group during the class).
- Whenever possible, you must meet, speak with, and take a picture with someone who works in the place that you visit.
- Find out about the services their program offers and pick up handouts of upcoming activities. At least one member of your group must be in the photo.
- Do not interrupt someone if they look like they are doing something important. Be polite!
REMEMBER: You need a picture, information about what services are offered in the place you visit and pick up handouts or brochures!..
- When you take a picture, email it to me: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Put your name, and the name of the place into the Subject Line!)
- Here is the campus map: http://www.tamucc.edu/about/campusmap.html
Places to visit:
- The Writing Center.
- The Dugan Wellness Center Rec Sports.
- The Health Center.
- The Counseling Center.
- The Sand Dollar Office.
- The Library Computer Lab where you can Print.
- Career Services.
- The Islander Welcome Center.
- An Islander Success Advocate in CASA.
*NO CLASS ON MONDAY!
- Student Handbooks: Please be aware that there are free copies of the 2015-2015 student handbook (which contains a great class planner complete with listings of on-campus events) available in UC 206!
Feel free to contact me with ANY questions!