- Once you get into class, go ahead and log onto OneDrive.
- Go to the In Class Writing folder and click on the September 19 folder.
- Create a new document and write down a few things that you learned about yourself as a researcher from the library visit
- We'll take a few minutes to discuss what you found out about yourself. I might even tell you what I found out about myself from the visit.
- Now I want us to discuss the Midterm portfolio. This will be due on October 3rd before class.
- What goes into the portfolio?
- What goes into the Reflective Overview?
- What questions do you have about it?
- Yet the question remains: What about the Proposal? The Proposal is a piece that will describe what you are wanting to research and learn more about, and what type of problem you are going to solve. The proposal must be turned in with the Midterm portfolio in order to get permission to continue researching. This is the general outline of what the proposal is meant to be. As a class, you will decide what the expectations of it are.
- These expectations will be written down and posted to BlackBoard.
- With the rest of class, take this time to start writing down what you are wanting to research and what types of problems you can solve.
- For homework, continue to refine your proposal. We'll be using them in class on Wednesday.
- Start to gather up all of your assignments and in class writings into 1 Word document. Each writing will have a label of what it is as the title (About Me, Naming What We Know Concepts, Discovery Log).