- Once you get into class, go ahead and pull up the topic ideas/proposals you were working on last time.
- Before we begin looking at that, I want us to read over Research As Learning
- After you have finished reading through the text, turn your chair around to face me.
- Once everyone has finished, split up into your groups.
- I want you to discuss with each other what you learned from the reading.
- One thing to think about is how does the reading connect with the Concepts we have talked about?
- After you have finished discussing in groups for a few minutes, we'll rejoin as a class and discuss.
- Once that is done, pair off into groups of 2-3 with people you have not worked with before
- While working in these groups, discuss what topics you have and what you are wanting to research
- If you have any questions about topics, ask your classmates if they have any suggestions
- Remember to think about the "So What" question
- Think about the reading we just did and the Concepts
- Before class is done, go into the In-Class Writing folder and open up the September 21 folder. Create a new document and reflect on what you did within your group
- For Friday, continue working on the proposal and deciding a topic