From last time
Abstract due over
We will do this:
- Go over each group's assignments
- Review the project description
- Rough out an evaluation plan based on goals and objectives
2. These are the funders we are using:
- Attach:BristolMeyers.pdf Request the whole amount
- Online App Form: Attach:bms.doc
- https://www.bankofamerica.com/philanthropic/foundation.go?fnId=160 Between $2,500 and $5,000; $2,500 is the usual gift
- Online App Form: Attach:boa.doc
- Attach:Walmart.pdf Up to $2,500
- Online App Form: Attach:WM.doc
- How are you sharing info?
- Are all group members able to access it?
Our Grants' Need Statements:
Review Project Descriptions:
- Review them
- Final draft by next week.
5. Define a narrative
- Template Attach:NarrativeTemplate.doc
- Anotheer sample grant:
- Note on Michelonis 306 how methods lead to budget!
- Discussion of Carlson
- Don't do a Cadilac or a Yugo; shoot for a Toyota or a Chevy (K & F 199, 210)
- Program Budget--
- What will it cost? (Michelonis 292-3)
- What will the grant fund? (McElrath? 72-3) (Michelonis 291)
- Types of expenses
- Spreadsheet (McElrath? (Michelonis 302)
- REALISTIC Estimates (K & F 200-1)
- Salaries--and benefits, etc. (K & F 206)
- COLA? Michelonis 293
- OTPS (K & F 207)
- Direct (McElrath? 76)
- Indirect (McElrath? 77) (K & F 209) (Michelonis 300)
- In kind (McElrath? 78) (Michelonis 298)
- REVIEW-ADD UP ALL THE COLUMNS MULTIPLE TIMES
- Justification (Narrative) (McElrath? 80-1) (K & F 205) (Michelonis 301-2)
Working individually or in pairs, complete the following exercise. We will share examples in class.
9. Some Samples:
- Really good example on (K & F 209) 210
- Michelonis example 308-9
10. RFP for Real Live Grant:
11. Work time
12. Next time:
- The final needs statement will arrive in the delivery room on Friday.
- Needs Statement Due.''
- Abstract Due over
- McElrath? Step 5
- McElrath? Step 8
- Karsch and Fox 12
- Evaluation. McElrath?, Step 6
- Evaluation Redux. K & S, Lesson 11.
- Mikelonis et al., “Designing the Monitoring and Reporting Plans.
We will do this
- Finalize the project description
- Bring Draft of Goals and Objectives (half of Team Green, half of Team Blue)
- Propose ideas for an Evaluation plan (Half of Team Green, Half of Team Blue)