From Last Time
NOTE NOTE NOTE
Do NOT follow the reading schedule in the syllabus; it is based on the incorrect version of the book. Please follow the Daily Agenda.
Peer Review Planning Memo: (Send to two classmates)
- Read it over
- Does it do assignment
- Things you like
- Things you think need clarification
- Editing/grammar stuff
Abstract due over
We will do this:
- Organizational Background (Group C's work)
- Incorporate Needs statement into the project description (Group D's Work)
- Budget Exercise
- How are you sharing info?
- Are all group members able to access it?
Let's look at a couple of samples:
3. Review Group C's Work
4. How is Group D coming? You will be up next week . . .
5. Define a narrative
- Template Attach:NarrativeTemplate.doc
- Anotheer sample grant:
- Don't do a Cadilac or a Yugo; shoot for a Toyota or a Chevy (K & F 199, 210)
- Program Budget--
- What will it cost? (Michelonis 292-3)
- What will the grant fund? (McElrath? 72-3) (Michelonis 291)
- Types of expenses
- Spreadsheet (McElrath? (Michelonis 302)
- REALISTIC Estimates (K & F 200-1)
- Salaries--and benefits, etc. (K & F 206)
- COLA? Michelonis 293
- OTPS (K & F 207)
- Direct (McElrath? 76)
- Indirect (McElrath? 77) (K & F 209) (Michelonis 300)
- In kind (McElrath? 78) (Michelonis 298)
- REVIEW-ADD UP ALL THE COLUMNS MULTIPLE TIMES
- Justification (Narrative) (McElrath? 80-1) (K & F 205) (Michelonis 301-2)
Working individually or in pairs, complete the following exercise. We will share examples in class.
8. Some Samples:
- Really good example on (K & F 209) 210
- Michelonis example 308-9
9. Next Time:
- Evaluation. McElrath?, Step 6
- Evaluation Redux. K & S, Lesson 11.
- Mikelonis et al., “Designing the Monitoring and Reporting Plans.
We will do this
- Finalize Group C's work
- We will review Group D's work.
- Group E should have made progress on its sections--evaluation