1. Attendance and Welcomes
2. A bit about my own grant writing history
3. Note Web Syllabi and Texts;
- note that the CRITICAL THING is to CHECK The Daily Agenda every day!
- Major Assignments due on BB
- Note SCHEDULE WILL BE FLEXIBLE; we are counting on other people
- Note the SYLLABUS QUIZ is due by midnight on Saturday (1/23).
- Note that if I say (or anything I write says) Carlson, I mean McElrath? (Carlson wrote the first three editions, so the name is imprinted pretty deeply in my brain).
4. Note we’re working with a veteran's group to develop funding for a Veteran's Center in Robstown.; note class history
6. Discussion of Service Learning
7. Note workshop nature of class; it will, once we get under way, run a lot more like a business meeting than a traditional class
8. Overview of the grant writing process; look at the way Carlson book is organized.
9. My process:--See handout Attach:ChuckProcess.doc
10. Note planning memo; be working on that. Note what it will involve.
12. Discussion of Karch and Fox.
13. Info about the Veteran's Center. Rosie Torres, Guest Speaker.
14. Next time:
Audience: What Granting Agencies Want.
Getting Ready to Write.
- K&S, Lesson 4. McElrath?, Step 2.
- Mikelonis et al, “Strategic Planning and Audience Analysis.”
- Abstract Reflection Due.
- Note Planning Memorandum (Due Two Weeks from Tonight)
- If you have problems accessing the textbook, I will put the readings for next week in the 'Readings Library' section of BB for the next time.
- Note both books are available on Kindle editions from Amazon at far less that list price.