From last time:
- Abstract Due over
- Capacity. Who is the organization I'm representing? Can it do the job it promises to? McElrath?, Step 9.
- Who is the. . . . redux. K&S, Lesson 14.
- Cover Letters and summaries. K & S, Lesson 15
- Summaries Redux. McElrath?, Step 10. Review of cover letter for the Group-written grant.
- Putting it together: McElrath?, Step 11. Review of all grant materials.
We will do this
- Complete grant due, including your Reflective Memo, by the end of class.
2. Updates from each individual team member
4. Carlson 10: the summary
- Note required elements 91-2
- Note Tips 92
- Note example 92-3
- Cover letters redux
- Table of contents
- Cover sheet for each appendix
- Specific number of copies, format (many grants specific font and spacing, etc)
- Neat but not too fancy; you want to look well organized but not wasteful
- SYSTEMS FAIL. A failure of submission software does not extend the application deadline. Never 'last minute' it.
- Early on, find out the process--can you save, etc.
- Federal and State Grants have an extra layer of paperwork that has little to do with the grant itself (but much to do with the organization). Even grant professionals need help with this; get started early on this part.
6. Work time
- Git 'er done
- Note that 'Larry the Cable Guy' is from Nebraska and that his 'Southern-ness' is an act in which he basically imitates his college room mate. 'Git 'er Done' is still a useful phrase.
7. It's ALL due.
- Grant should be submission ready
- Each individual's Portfolio One should be submitted on BB.
8. Next Time(s).
- Spring Break. Enjoy. Re-create a bit, in the literal sense of the word.
- For Next time (March 24)
- Abstract Due
- Mikelonis et al., “Finding Funding Sources Using Library Resources,” “Finding Funding Sources on the Web.”
- McElrath?, Resource B, K&S, Appendix 6 and 7. Which funders would be good sources for your individual project application? Why?
- Note that I have an individual subscription to The Foundation Directory Online. If you meet with me prior to class, I can help you find some likely funders. Although there are some things you can do--organizational background, project summary, budget,--you'll be limited in what you can do on your grant until you have a funder.