Personal Assessment Recap
- What do we know about the author(s)?
- Predict - what do you think that this piece is going to be about?
- How many pages is it? How difficult does it seem?
- How much time do I need to allow myself to complete this reading?
- Think aloud (Record yourself or read with a friend)
- Circle words you don't know and look them up!
- Write a summary for each paragraph (and then at the end for final summarization)
- Questions you have about the text.
- Cognition - "What am I thinking?"
- Metacognition - "How am I thinking? How well is it working for me?"
- Cite (APA) - Purdue Online Writing Lab APA guide
- Pull 5-7 important quotes
- 2 page minimum