My Husband, Mark...
- Married me on June 17, 2006! :)
- Graduated (from TAMUCC) with his BBA in Accounting in May 2007
- Works as the Area Branch Operations Coordinator @ Airgas...they sell air...and gas
My Son, Andrew...
- Was born on May 23, 2013!
- Is in kingergarten this year. :/
- Is pretty fantastic
- Retired from the NAVY after 21 years in 1999
- Went to TAMUCC, graduated in 2001 and again in 2009
- Worked as a Special Education teacher for CCISD's homebound program
- Just retired from being the Children's Librarian at Janet F. Harte Public Library and Garcia Library
- Graduated with her Masters in Library Science in December 2006 from TWU
- Teaches English at Calallen High School
- Got her MA in English from TAMUCC in 2009
- Married her husband, Thomas, on August 1st, 2009. They had their son, Jackson, on January 12, 2013 and their second child, a girl named Brianna, was born in November 2015. :)
- Graduated with a BA in English (with a History minor) from TAMUCC in May 2007
- Graduated in May 2017 from Flour Bluff High School
- Is a junior at the University of Houston this year and is studying Hotel & Restaurant Management
Where I've Lived
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- Cherry Point, North Carolina
- Argentia, Newfoundland, Canada
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Dover, Delaware
- Iwakuni, Japan
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- Graduated as salutatorian from Flour Bluff High School in 2001
- Received BS in Computer Science in May 2004 (minor in Math)
- Received MS in Computer Science in May 2007
- Completed PhD in Curriculum & Instruction in August 2014! Woot!
I have experience tutoring, grading, or assisting in the following subjects:
- TASP/THEA/SAT Math
- Beginning Algebra (MATH 0398)
- Intermediate Algebra (MATH 0399)
- College Algebra (MATH 1314)
- Business Math (MATH 1325)
- Intro To Prob. Solving with Computers I/II (COSC 1435/1436)
I have also taught the following Computer Science courses:
- COSC 1315: Computer Literacy - Summer 2007
- COSC 1435: Problem Solving I - Fall 2013, Summer 2014, Spring 2015, Fall 2016
- COSC 3400: Skills for Computing Professionals - Fall 2014
Of course, I've taught UCCP 1101/1102 since Fall 2004, so I'm currently in my 15th year! :)
Here are some of the languages I learned and practiced while doing my undergraduate and graduate study in Computer Science here at TAMU-CC:
- Assembly/Machine Language
If you're interested at all, you can view a list of my undergraduate courses at My Courses
- Food: Spaghetti
- Color: Black (or Black and Red)
- Movie: Either The Wedding Singer or Chicago
- Book: Anything Harry Potter
- Sport: Football (to watch, not to play!) or Golf
- Teams: Texans, Spurs
- Type of music: Practically anything.
- TV Show: Too hard. I like a lot of reality programs, though...
- Harry Potter character: Hermione - she reminds me a lot of myself
Little Known Facts
- I graduated with my BS in three years with a 4.0. Three years later, I accomplished my goal of graduating with my MS with my 4.0 still intact. I finished my last real course (ever!) in Summer 2013 with a perfect 4.0 record. Woot.
- I am 1/4 Mexican, 1/4 French-Canadian, and 1/2 American Mutt!
- I own FIVE football jerseys: Andre Johnson, David Carr, Terrell Owens, Mario Williams, and, my favorite, Jerry Rice
- I have always wanted to see Tiger Woods play live. I went to the PGA Championship in Atlanta in 2011. Tiger Woods didn't make the cut, so we didn't get to see him that weekend. My husband, son, and I attended the US Open Golf Championship in Pittsburgh in June 2016, but still no Tiger!
My little guy, Andrew, at the US Open in June 2016!
- I have been to two Lakers/Spurs playoff games. Both were Game 5s in the Western Conference Semifinals (2003 and 2004) and were decided in the final seconds!
I was there!
- I play clarinet and a little piano
- I sing in my church choir and often do solos
- I was terrified of roller coasters until I was 19!
- I hate bugs and anything creepy and/or crawly
- I actually enjoy being short
- I am naturally really shy/awkward and tend to avoid confrontations
- To teach at the college level! Yay! :)
- To visit every Disney park in the world! (So far, I've been to Tokyo and Orlando)
- To visit every continent
- To see Tiger Woods play live (tried twice!)
- To attend all four golf major championships (two down, two to go)
- To get married and have a family (double check!)
- To own a van...someday. We'll see.