Choose one or both of these questions to address in your response...
- Why did YOU choose to come to college?
- In general, what do you believe is the purpose of getting a college education?
Is College Worth It?
- Why did you come to college?
- Is having a college degree more important now than it ever was? Why or why not?
- What other options are out there for people your age? Is it considered a failure in our society if someone decides to drop out (or not even go to college)?
- Is college "worth it"...? (Does it depend on the major? Does it depend on your GPA?)
- What should be the purpose of going to college: learning or getting a job?
- What habits of mind are necessary in order to succeed in college?
- Finally, Are You Engaged?
A (Slightly) More Optimistic View?