- For this assignment you will be applying for the chapter group that you would like to be a part of. Choose which of the 6 chosen chapters that you want to work on, then write a functional resume that best present your qualifications for being a member of the group that will write the chapter. (If you are the author of a winning chapter, you do not have to submit Application Materials.) Your resume should not be the typical chronological generic one that you may normally use. It has to showcase what specific experience you have that will make you a good contributor to the chapter you want to work on.
- Audience - You will be applying directly to the person who created the winning chapter. Each student who had a winning chapter will decide who they want to include in her/his group to create the final chapter.
- Format - must be .pdf
- Once the groups are chosen no changes can be made except for extreme circumstances, and a formal written request has to be submitted for those to be considered.
Once the Application documents have been posted in Blackboard, the chapter winners will need to review the documents and then send an email to Dr. G listing who you are choosing to work on your chapter. Choose 3 people to join your group, which will make 4 including the chapter winner.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Check the Schedule and Blackboard to find out who the chapter winners are.
- For those of you who did not have one of the winning chapters:
- Decide which chapter you want to work on.
- Create a functional resume that shows specifically why you should be chosen to work on a certain chapter. What skills/experience do you have that will make you a good member for that chapter group.
- Save resume as pdf.
- Go to the Bb Messages link in Blackboard.
- Click on "Create Message."
- Write an email to the student who is the author of the chapter you want to work on. Think of the email as your cover letter.
- Attach your resume to the email message and send.
- For those of you who had winning chapters.
- You do not have to create a resume.
- You will receive emails from the students who want to be part of your chapter group.
- Review the materials and decide who you want to choose. Choose 3 people.
- Send an email to Dr. G letting her know who you have chosen to be in your group