This will be your first challenge in thinking about audience and purpose as you share info with an audience about our research project. Here are some general guidelines to help you prepare for the Boys and Girls Club activity:
- Choose an audience of either 1st-3rd grade or 4th-6th grade.
- Plan to present for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- But don't plan to talk for that entire time. Take about 5 minutes of show and tell where you explain concepts, and then take about 5 minutes to have the children engage in some active learning.
- Use lots of visuals, manipulatives.
- Ask for help McNair Staff, any public school teachers you now, your Mentors, etc.
During the 3rd week of class we will practice your presentations. You should be prepared to present to our group your presentation in its entirety as you plan to present it to the children, including having all visuals/manipulatives read for us to use.
If you need supplies for your activities, let us know by Tuesday and we will get those for you.
How to Dress:
- Greenwood and Horne