This will be a digital document. You will take the content from your Document Analysis Report and repurpose it into a digital presentation.
From the Document Analysis Report: "Based on the application information you submitted for a job in your career area, you have made it to the second step in the review of applicants process. You have been asked to submit a report and a presentation."
This will be the presentation you create in your attempt to be chosen for the next step in the process, which is being invited for an interview.
- First decide what application you will use to create your presentation. Refer to the Applying for Jobs activity.
- You will not be making the presentation in person. This will be a presentation that you will send to the hiring committee for them to review online. SO think of this as a totally online project.
- You will not just copy and paste the content from your report into this presentation. This is a different format and you will need to repurpose the content so it makes sense. Even though you will not be presenting the info in person, still think about what you would say and how you would present the info if you were talking to the hiring committee.
- Once you have created the presentation, make sure you are delivering a project that will work when the hiring committee receives. Before posting a link in Blackboard to your presentation, send the link to at least a few people and ask them to open it and make sure it works.
- For the writing you will be required to do in your career area, you will have to think about delivery. It's not something that can be ignored. You certainly won't get the job if you send a link that doesn't work. Employers won't hire people who can't figure out how to get the job done, and they certainly don't want to spend time figuring out how to fix things you don't know how to do.