All work is due by midnight for the date posted. All assignments will be posted in Blackboard unless otherwise indicated.* All work must be submitted in Word or pdf formats unless otherwise noted. Please use the "Questions/Help area in the Discussion Forum for all questions over the course of the semester.
Link to IOL where you can login to BlackBoard (See Syllabus for additional information regarding accessing the Blackboard system.)
- Topic Discussion due date based on topic chosen
- Usability Test due June 13
- Visual Analysis due Part I (extra credit now due June 25), Part II June 18, Part III June 25
- Chapter Analysis due June 20
- Chapter Redesign due July 2
- Read the Syllabus, Taking an Online Course, and How to Become a Successful Online Student, and then post a response in the Discussion area on BlackBoard (which you can find at https://iol.tamucc.edu/), stating that you have read and understand the syllabus and the requirements for taking this course. Also include any questions you have about the class and/or syllabus.
- Review my Contact Info and Office Hours info and please note that office hours will be Online Only from 3-5 on Mondays and Wednesdays. There will be specific areas within Blackboard where I will direct you to ask questions as we progress through assignments. These are usually found in the Discussion area. Please send individual emails using the Blackboard system. These are routed to my TAMUCC email but coming from Blackboard they are labeled in such a way that I can easily identify that they are coming from students. If you email me directly at email@example.com I will still respond but your email is more likely to get lost with all the other stuff that comes through my inbox.
- Also read Welcome to ENGL3301 for more about this class. This is fyi and you do not have to respond after reading.
- Complete the Introduction Activity called "Let's Get to Know Each Other" found on Blackboard in the Blog area.
- Post memo in the Discussion Forum of Blackboard (BB) telling which Topic you want to present on as part of the Topic Discussion assignment. Work is due by midnight June 4th. I will respond to you by June 6th to let you know which topic you ave been chosen for. For those of you who want to do the first topic, I will let you know by Tuesday to give you enough time to be ready to present by Thursday.
- Complete "What is Technical Writing" in the Discussion Forum in BB.
- Topic Discussion: Usability Tests begins and will be open until June 11. Students who are presenting on the topic must have their info posted no later than 10am on June 7. All other students must post responses by June 11.
- Complete the Introduction Activity called "Let's Get to Know Each Other Part II" found on BB in the Blog area.
- Complete "Modern Correspondence" in the Discussion Forum in BB.
- Visual Analysis Part I is now extra credit and won't be due until June 25, if you decide to do it for extra credit..
- Make sure that you have completed the Topic Discussion: Usability Tests discussion in the Blog.
- Topic Discussion: Writing Emails/Memos/Letters begins and will be open until June 18. Students who are presenting on the topic must have their info posted no later than 10am on June 13. All other students must post responses by June 18.
- Usability Test report is due. Post in BB in the Discussion Forum.
- Please complete the Two Week Feedback survey found in the Course Content tab. This is completely voluntary and anonymous, but your comments will help me to help you make it through the rest of the course :) Thanks for your help.
- Complete "Ethical Implications in Technical Writing" in the Discussion Forum in BB.
- Visual Analysis Part II is due.
- Topic Discussion: Creating Manuals begins and will be open until June 25. Students who are presenting on the topic must have their info posted no later than 10am on June 20. All other students must post responses by June 25.
- Chapter Analysis report is due. Post in BB in the Discussion Forum.
- Complete "Instructions/Procedures" in the Discussion Forum in BB.
- Visual Analysis Part III is due.
- Visual Analysis Part I (for extra credit, no longer a required assignment)
- Topic Discussion: Applying for Jobs begins and will be open until July 2. Students who are presenting on the topic must have their info posted no later than 10am on June 27. All other students must post responses by July 2.
- First draft of Chapter Redesign is due.
- You will also need to provide feedback to at least one other student. Further info is provided in BB.
- Final Chapter Redesign is due.
*All dates are tentative and subject to change.